Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog 14

podcast symbol
This week we had to explore Box of Tricks which is a blog created by Jose Picardo. On this blog, he lists resourxes for an educator to use in alphabetical order. This makes finding resources very easy to do. He has compiled a great list that I would like to use as a future educator, so I have added his website to my symbaloo bookmarks. We also had to watch the video Top ten tips for using technology in the classroom. This video is very organized and constructed in a manner that is easy to follow. I like how Jose Picardo suggests learning all that you can while using interactive whiteboards. He suggests that educators watch tutorials online so that they can use the interactive whiteboards to their advantage. That is one thing that I will definitely make sure that I keep up with. We have been learning how to use SMART Boards in this class, and I know I still have a lot more to learn before I master how to use the interactive white board to its fullest capacity. I want to be able to teach my students all that I can, which will require me to learn a few things myself.

When he suggested making podcasts, he mentioned using the program audacity. I have never used this program before, so it is something that I would have to learn how to master. Mr. Picardo also suggests using Facebook to create a closed group that would allow the teacher and students to interact with each other. Students are so reliant on technology, that it only makes sense to use technology as a way for a teacher to keep in contact with their pupils.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brittany,

    Great post. I've been working with the SmartBoards for a few semesters now, and I still don't think I have the hang of them. It takes a while, haha. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete