Sunday, October 2, 2011

C4K 1

Giant New Zealand Rugby Ball
Teari is a year 7 student at Pt England School in Auckland, NZ. In his post, Teari revealed that his school's year 8 Sevens Rugby team won a competition and are now the New Zealand National Champions. In my comment on his post, I congratulated his school and the year 8 team for their win in the competition. Teari's school would receive constant updates about the rugby team's status in the competition, and they were very excited every time they heard that their team had won a game. I said that it was very nice to see a school be so supportive. I also asked Teari is he has ever played Rugby. I mentioned that I would like to learn how to play the sport.

Fractions of a circle
Bobbi-Grace is a year 8 student at Pt England School in Auckland, NZ. Bobbi has been learning about fractions in her math class, and she included a picture she made to show the probability of an event using fractions. The picture demonstrated the probability of drawing a yellow, green, or blue cube out of a bag. I left a comment telling her that her picture is very neat and it shows that she has a clear understanding of what she has been learning in class. I asked her if she liked math class and she responded by saying that math is one of her favorite subjects. She says that she likes math because she learns something new every week.

Martha Yim: Discovery- Baldwin County
Child holding an iPad
Martha Yim realizes that she has to change her original plans for how to incorporate the iPad project into the classroom. Mrs. Yim says that she will give the teachers and students the chance to ease into the use of the new technology in their classroom. She states that the students will learn how to blog and create online questionnaires in the first week of the project. I commented by saying that this project looks very promising. I admitted that I liked the fact that students are being eased into the technology so they can learn the basics before moving on to harder activities. I also said that I hope the teachers will provide the students with the chance to explore the iPad themselves in an opportunity for self-discovery. The students might be able to teach themselves a thing or two if they are given the time to explore all that the iPad has to offer. I wish Martha Yim and all the other partners working on this project the very best! It is very exciting to see how technology can be used in the classroom.

Voki with glasses
Mariana is a first time blogger who is participating in the Student Blogging Challenge. Mariana created a voki and an avatar, which are characters that a person creates online to represent who they are as a person. I told her that her voki was very cool! Mariana was born in Colombia and she loves to play basketball. I asked Mariana if she plays basketball on the school team. I also said that playing basketball is a fun way to stay healthy and active. I encouraged Mariana to continue blogging because is doing an excellent job so far.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful job, Brittany! I liked the photos, the links, and your enthusiasm that kept the post interesting :)
    Carly

    ReplyDelete